KEEN Rippin Chix Red Mtn Steeps Camps
Red Mountain Resort, British Columbia, Canada
- Camp 1: Intro to the Steeps Feb 1-2 2014
- Camp 2: Steeps Camp Feb 8-9 2014
Already registered? More info sent to your email.
Red Mountain Resort British Columbia, Canada, Karen Reader & Alison Gannett have teamed up to offer KEEN Rippin’ Chix Steep Skiing camp at the infamous Kootney Mountains of British Columbia. This 2-day camp includes two full days of instruction and video analysis (weather dependent), with two freeskiing champions, including their special toolbox of free skiing skills to build your confidence. Open to telemark and alpine skiers.
Camp 1: Intro to the Steeps: The first camp is suitable to those skiers who can easily ski almost any blue run, but is scared or lacking skills to progress to more difficult terrain. There will be two levels at this camp, based upon your experience and confidence. Instruction will focus on skills and confidence in steeper terrain, moguls, trees, powder and crud.
Camp 2: Steeps Camp: This is our “normal” KEEN Rippin Chix Camp, which generally has two levels: The “lower” level should be able to make 10 consecutive turns on a black diamond groomer, and must have experience in powder and trees. The first video below is the second day of the “lower” group, after they have learned their new steeps skills. The “upper” group should feel comfortable in most double black diamonds, and should want to build skills in airs, roots, rocks, and chutes.
- BOTH EVENTS? You may choose to sign up for both camps, if there is availability. Register for each separately.
- REFUNDS: Both events are non-refundable, even due to injury or death.
- TRAVEL: FLY INTO SPOKANE WASHINGTON – convenience! Camp is 8 miles over the US border. Most gals rent vehicles in Spokane and drive 2.5 hours to Red Mtn (not recommended in the dark). Passport is required.
- PRIZES: Amazing trivia prizes from KEEN, Patagonia, Osprey, and Elemental Herbs, with answers on these websites, on their sustainability or green sections.
- PRICE:$350.Spaces limited to 12. Book Early, as we sell out every year.
- TICKETS? Discount lift tickets available for the camp days only and for participants ONLY.
YouTube Video on second day of 2012 KEEN Rippin Chix Red Mtn Steeps Camp (lower group)